Booking Terms & Conditions
The contract to hire a property through the Love Connemara Cottages website or brochure is between the property owner and the customer. Love Connemara Cottages is an agent for short-let property owners. The contract does not take effect until Love Connemara Cottages issues written or e-mail confirmation of a confirmed booking to the customer.
- Details of Deposits, Balances and Full Payments
A 25% deposit and a €25 booking fee will be payable when a booking is made eight weeks or more before the rental is due to start. The remaining 75% balance is payable a minimum of 8 weeks before arrival. Final payments not received by the due date will result in the booking being cancelled and the booking and all deposits and payments already made will be forfeited by the customer. The full rental fee plus a booking fee of €25 must be paid if a booking is made less than eight weeks before arrival. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the agents all fees paid will be refunded immediately. The advertised price at time of booking is the price payable by the customer.
Properties booked through the Holiday Payment Plan must also be fully paid at least 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- Changing a booking
Once a booking has been accepted by Love Connemara Cottages, the booking can only be changed to another cottage by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see cancellation policy below). Holiday dates may be changed if the booking for the cottage is available for the new dates and the owners are agreeable to the change. A €25 re-booking fee is payable in either event.
In the event that you have to cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation charges will be as follows. If the cancellation takes place between:
- 0 – 13 days before arrival 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 14 – 27 days before arrival 75% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 28 – 55 days before arrival 60% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 56 days or more before arrival the deposit will be forfeited by the customer.
Please note the initial booking deposit and booking fee is non-refundable.
Any bookings made through the Holiday Payment Plan must be fully paid at least 8 weeks prior to arrival and is subject to the cancellation terms above.
It is strongly recommended that clients take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation charges.
- Extra Charges
The customer undertakes to pay all extra charges as indicated in the brochure or website, and shall indemnify Love Connemara Cottages against any loss or damage caused by the customer or any of the party.
- Owners Liability
The property owner does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects, baggage, motor car, or any other item belonging to the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party.
- Changes and Prices Changes
The agents reserve the right to amend prices quoted on the website due to errors or omissions, or changes in the VAT rate. Every effort is made to ensure that the property description contained in current material is correct. The property owner reserves the right to make modifications to the property specifications that are considered necessary.
Bookings will not be accepted from groups of persons under the age of 21, or all male or all female parties comprising more than six people, without prior discussion with our agency.
- Obligations of Tenants
The tenants agree:
- To pay for all gas, electricity, fuel and telephone charges incurred during a tenancy unless it is stated on the website that they are included.
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property, caused by the Tenant or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded), unless the cost of making good such loss or damage can be fully recovered under any householder’s insurance policies maintained by the owners.
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. A cleaning service is not provided during the tenancy unless otherwise stated.
- To permit the Owners and the Agents reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description. A cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less. The property owner reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund for a breach of this condition.
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises.
- Duration and Times of Letting
The property may not be occupied before 4.00pm on the hire date unless prior permission has been obtained from the property owner. The property must be vacated by 10.30am on the final day of hire and left in a clean condition. A charge will be made if extra cleaning is required. The period booked cannot be exceeded unless the agents give written approval. The tenants will be liable for any cost of whatsoever nature incurred because of an unauthorized extension.
- Force Majeure
If for any reason beyond the owners control the property is not available on the date booked (for example, due to fire damage or flooding), or the property is unsuitable for letting due to unexpected or catastrophic events, or an alternative accommodation is unavailable, all rent and charges paid in advance by the customer will be refunded in full. The customer shall have no further claim against the Owners or Love Connemara Cottages for any other loss or damages.
Love Connemara Cottages do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owners or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Tenants or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting. In addition, the owner accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the tenants’ possessions on the owners’ property or land. It is strongly recommended that clients and customers take out their own holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation charges.
Some of the information on the Love Connemara Cottages website relates to matters outside of the properties such as shops, restaurants and public houses. Closure of such premises and other changes to outside facilities are outside the Agent’s control.
- Property Accessibility
If the Tenant is restricted in any way due to disability it is their responsibility to inform Love Connemara Cottages of this so that we can ensure that any property chosen is suitable for their occupancy.
All complaints must be notified to the agents immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. No compensation will be made for complaints raised after the tenancy has ended if the tenant has denied the agents and the owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and putting matters right during the term of the tenancy. If a satisfactory outcome does not result, Love Connemara Cottages should be informed in writing within 14 days stating the nature of the complaint and the date on which it occurred.
Pets are only permitted in properties stated to accept them in the brochure or on the website. They must be kept under control and exercised off the premises. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms, on carpeted areas or on the furniture. The agents nor the owners can accept responsibility for the safety of pets. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised. If a kennel is provided it must be used if so stated by the owner.
Where an inventory is provided, any discrepancies are to be reported to the owner or caretaker within 48 hours of arrival, otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
Linen is changed between tenancies. Towels and table cloths are not always provided and tenants should bring their own unless otherwise notified.
- Post Stay Cottage Assessment
The property you book will be assessed after your departure. If there are any breakages or damages we will inform you of them on the next working day and a deduction will be made from your credit card as appropriate.
Where VAT is payable the tax is included in the rent.
- Breach of Contract
A breach of any of these conditions by any of the tenants shall allow the owners or the agents the right to enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the owner or Agent.
- Authority to sign
The person who completes the booking form certifies that:
- He or she is authorized to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted at a later date.
- The signatory is over eighteen years of age and a member of the party that will occupy the property for the duration of the booking.
- The person agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property
- The person completing the booking understands that the booking is non-transferrable and may not be sold to a third party person or group.
In case of a discrepancy between these booking conditions and the other contents of the Love Connemara Cottages website, these conditions shall prevail.
- Validity Clause
If any term or provision in these booking conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be illegal or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
- Confirmation and Discounts
Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us. Only one discount or voucher can be applied to any one booking.